Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Restore to adore, $7 project

I found this book for $2 at a flea market.  Love maps, and an idea started to form.

Laid the fold out pages on the floor.  Then framed it.
Can you tell with what?  Got the frame stuff from my new love, 'Restore', a Habitat for Humanity store.
Great place.  Go there, you will find stuff!


Can you tell what these items are yet?  Yes, vinyl slats, which I bought in a bunch for $4.

I spray painted them gold and started framing them around my Wall Chart History of the World.

This baby is over 8 ft by 4 ft!  I have a huge wall, never been able to fill---big proportions and whatever I put up there was dwarfed by the wall.


More piecing, tacking, gluing, taping.




Side view, tape on, drying.



Tape off, from the other side.  I am so liking this.  Of course, I love maps.  It is colorful and informative.


Further back in the room.  You can see how big it is as it hovers over the couch. 





Close up of the first page of this huge fold out map.
This was a fun, fast, satisfying project.  Yeah!!!!
I will be linking up with Donna's Funky Junk Interiors
this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. You are so clever. What a great way to fill a large wall space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to fill that wall. Very clever. Let me know if you get those floors painted....I'd LOVE to see it! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love maps too! This is such a great use of your map and fills the wall so well. Great project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE rgus project! So inventive/ G;ad I discovered your nlog just now when I am starting to get my creative side going again after a long hibrtnation. Would you like to see what I did last year? Have a look (prject for VBS) Go to my blog post http://gee-throughtheseeyes.blogspot.com/2010/07/papier-mache-recipe-and-building-egypt.html
    and check out the link therein to see. Would be honored if you added yourself to ,y tiny list of followers.

    Thanks for sharing your super ideas!

    ReplyDelete