Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

hutch, my way

Amber bottles, originally purchased blank.  I added the labels later by searching the internet for 'old labels'.  Fun.





Also, found this bronze statute and the old stapler next to it.  Just liked it.





Picked up these old medicine bottles that worked next to my old first aid tin.  And the glass head with the coffee cup with the leaning tower of Pisa.  I know, crazy combination.











Picture of the whole revamped project with flash.  Much better.



The piece started out looking like this.  Pretty, but not my style.  I was looking for darker and austere.  Also, clear glass to see items inside.









So I sanded and painted the interior walls a grey, left over from some other project.




This is before I decided the leaded glass panels wouldn't work.  Couldn't see anything inside.


Again, the final product.  I may eventually decide to put mirror panels in the back for more reflection and it would be nice to have interior lights.  Another day.
Thanks for stopping by!

This project will be linked up with Donna's Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Night Special.

No comments:

Post a Comment