Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Easy crown molding

I am hooking this post to Donna's Funky Junk Interiors Getter Done Projects.   I have always loved crown molding and after seeing this project on another's blogging site, showing easy crown molding using corner pieces (inner and outer) from Lowe's, I had to do it.  Unfortunately, I have no before pictures, but just imagine no molding.  This was kind of labor intensive in that I got the less expensive corners (not hollowed out) so had to work a little harder pounding the nails through, even though there was a pilot hole there.  It might have been worth it to pay the extra $3 per corner piece.  Oh well, live and learn.  Still, I am pleased with the result.


Also, here is my chandelier purchased from 'thebluecabinet' etsy shop for $75.  Really love it, but still need to get ceiling molding for around the top.  I also decided to paint the ceiling, just like the blogger from
The Frugal Farmhouse.  So that's it.  Took me about 4 hours, not counting the caulking or painting the ceiling.  The Blue Cabinet folks were wonderful to work with...go check out their shop, REALLY BEAUTIFUL LIGHTING and top notch customer service!

4 comments:

  1. Crown molding makes such a big impact, doesn't it? Good for you for taking on the project yourself. And, Yes!, I am a firm believer in painting those ceilings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam!
    Thank you so much for coming by my home!
    I have always been a tad scared to try putting up my own molding.
    Yours looks great--you gave me some courage to at least attempt it.
    I will make sure I pay the little extra for easier installation, though.
    We have just started the staging process to sell this home, so the molding may be for our next home--who knows?
    The color of your kitchen walls is about the shade that we are using to paint all the walls, I really like it!
    Good job, girl, for Gittin' 'er done!
    Blessings to you as you make your home!
    Hugs,
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to GO!! What an impact little strips of wood make. You ought to be VERY proud of this job.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam,love the molding. Share more stuff you have done,I would love to see your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete