Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Easy crown molding

I am hooking this post to Donna's Funky Junk Interiors Getter Done Projects.   I have always loved crown molding and after seeing this project on another's blogging site, showing easy crown molding using corner pieces (inner and outer) from Lowe's, I had to do it.  Unfortunately, I have no before pictures, but just imagine no molding.  This was kind of labor intensive in that I got the less expensive corners (not hollowed out) so had to work a little harder pounding the nails through, even though there was a pilot hole there.  It might have been worth it to pay the extra $3 per corner piece.  Oh well, live and learn.  Still, I am pleased with the result.


Also, here is my chandelier purchased from 'thebluecabinet' etsy shop for $75.  Really love it, but still need to get ceiling molding for around the top.  I also decided to paint the ceiling, just like the blogger from
The Frugal Farmhouse.  So that's it.  Took me about 4 hours, not counting the caulking or painting the ceiling.  The Blue Cabinet folks were wonderful to work with...go check out their shop, REALLY BEAUTIFUL LIGHTING and top notch customer service!

5 comments:

  1. Crown molding makes such a big impact, doesn't it? Good for you for taking on the project yourself. And, Yes!, I am a firm believer in painting those ceilings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam!
    Thank you so much for coming by my home!
    I have always been a tad scared to try putting up my own molding.
    Yours looks great--you gave me some courage to at least attempt it.
    I will make sure I pay the little extra for easier installation, though.
    We have just started the staging process to sell this home, so the molding may be for our next home--who knows?
    The color of your kitchen walls is about the shade that we are using to paint all the walls, I really like it!
    Good job, girl, for Gittin' 'er done!
    Blessings to you as you make your home!
    Hugs,
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to GO!! What an impact little strips of wood make. You ought to be VERY proud of this job.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam,love the molding. Share more stuff you have done,I would love to see your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete